Social distancing is important to help slow the spread of coronavirus. It does this by minimising contact between potentially infected individuals and healthy individuals. Some of the things you can do
- keep a space of 2 metres (6.5 feet) between you and other people
- reduce interactions with people outside the workplace and home
- reduce the number of people you meet every day
- avoid communal sleeping areas
- avoid crowded places
- work from home if possible
do not shake hands or make close contact, if possible
Keep yourself mobile by getting up and moving around as much as possible. If you have a garden or backyard go out and get some fresh air, but keep more than 1 metre away from other people.
Self-isolation can be boring or frustrating. It may affect your mood and feelings. You may feel low, worried or have problems sleeping.
You may find it helps to stay in touch with friends or relatives by phone or on social media.