Each local authority is required to adopt a Litter Management Plan within its functional area. The principal objective of this plan is to provide information on litter prevention and control activities and the setting of appropriate objectives and targets for a three-year period. Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is seeking views from the public to help inform the final draft of the dlr Litter Management Plan and as part of this Public Consultation process, you are invited to provide feedback on the individual sections of the draft Plan.
The dlr Litter Management Plan 2024-2026 outlines targets and objectives for tackling the problem of litter pollution and sets out to achieve, quantifiable improvements in the prevention of litter with the following objectives:
- Prevent and control litter pollution in the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council area
- Eliminate litter black spots
- On-going development of our education and awareness programmes in association with schools and communities
- Support any initiatives, new legislation and actions that arise from the recently published Waste Action Plan for a Circular Economy.
- Ensure rigorous enforcement mechanisms of the Act and Bye-Laws are effective
The closing date for receipt of submissions is 12 noon on Friday, 27th October 2023 and it can be accessed through the dlr Online Consultation Hub, Citizen Space – Draft Litter Management Plan 2024-2026 Public Consultation
Members of the public with questions regarding the plan or the consultation can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Litter Management Plan and ask that it be logged for Emer Sheridan’s attention and she will happily respond. You can also submit any questions for consideration as part of the consultation.