2021 Town and Village Renewal Scheme – Expressions of Interest

Expressions of interest are now being invited by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and can be submitted through the DLR online grants system: https://dlrcoco.submit.com/The closing dates for receipt of completed expressions of interest is 15th June 2021. The closing date for the submission of applications by DLRCC to the DRCD is 16th July 2021.

The initiative is a key part of Our Rural Future – the Government’s five year strategy to revitalise rural Ireland.
This year the Scheme will place particular emphasis on projects supporting remote working and enhancing town centre living as outlined in Our Rural Future – Rural Development Policy 2021-2025. Projects that support the economic and social recovery of our towns and villages in response to COVID-19 will continue to be supported.The measures that will be supported by the 2021 Town and Village Renewal Scheme include:

  • Tackling dereliction in town centres
  • Turning vacant properties into remote working and community spaces
  • Supporting Local Authorities to run innovative marketing campaigns targeted at attracting remote workers to their county
  • Investing in green spaces, parks and recreational amenities
  • Upgrading and improving shop fronts & streetscapes on Main Streets
  • Projects that support and enhance the night time economy and add vibrancy to town centres

The minimum grant available is €20,000. The maximum grant available is being raised this year to €500,000. The increase is being made to align the scheme with the type of projects and level of ambition identified in “Our Rural Future”.

Grant funding of 90% of the total cost of a project will be provided for any individual project. The remaining 10% match funding must be contributed by the Local Authority and/or the community.
A new Project Development Measure (up to €50,000) is being introduced on a trial basis this year.

The scheme is administered by the local authorities, who are required to work closely with local communities and local businesses to develop and implement proposals that can make a lasting impact in revitalising rural towns and villages across the country.

Following receipt of Expressions of Interest from interested local groups that meet the criteria, applications will be submitted to the DRCD for approval.  In previous years DLR CoCo has invited expressions of interest in respect of rural towns and villages such as the villages of Kilternan, Glencullen, Stepaside Village and Sandyford Village

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To top
Skip to content