- Two new free postage-paid postcards for every home
- Customers invited to Design Your Own Card for family and friends
- Community Supports to continue
- Increased business supports for SMEs
An Post is inviting the nation to Brighten up January with a two new free postcards to be delivered to every home from next week.
The large format postcards are postage paid for delivery within Ireland and each household will receive two cards – one with a printed design and one blank for decorating by customers of all ages. An Post’s first free postcard initiative launched in March last year proved hugely popular with customers during the country’s first period of Lockdown.
An Post’s Julie Gil explains: “As we continue to support each other by staying apart and staying home, it’s the right time to Send Love to family and friends, particularly those who are living alone. We’re delighted to present our second free set of postcards for customers, and this time we are inviting everyone to enjoy making their greeting extra-special with their own personal design.
“We saw wonderful artwork on the postcards last year so we’re giving customers of all ages the space to be even more creative this time around. Your messages of love and solidarity will brighten people’s homes over the weeks ahead.
“Irish Postmen and Postwomen will continue to provide Community Focus supports including check-ins, newspaper delivery and free post for nursing home residents so that we can all stay connected while staying apart. We’ll leave no-one behind.
“An Post’s range of business supports for SMEs are also being extended to help them grow their business and customer relationships”, she added.
An Post Commerce is extending its support for Irish SMEs. SME discounts on parcel labels are being increased from 25% to 34% with immediate effect. Details at anpost.com/commerce.
An Post Commerce will also provide a series of Expert Insights based on real life learnings from SMEs on business successes and challenges in the Covid environment, such as better trading online, building on new customer relationships and Seamless Shipping Worldwide.
Community Focus – An Post is continuing its range of Community Focus supports for customers:
- Check-In: An Post delivery staff will continue to check in regularly with ‘seniors’ along their postal routes. Family members of older or vulnerable customers can register for a specific free check-in for a relative at anpost.com/CommunityFocus.
- Postage Pick-Up for Older/Vulnerable customers: If older or vulnerable customers are unable to get out to buy stamps a card or letter, their postperson will pick up the item and An Post will cover the postage.
- Newspaper Delivery: An Post will provide same-day delivery of newspapers for older and vulnerable customers Monday to Friday. Customers can find out more at anpost.com/CommunityFocus or newsdelivery.ie
- Temporary Agent for Post Office Social Welfare Collection: Customers can nominate a Temporary Agent to collect social welfare payments (eg Pension) at the Post Office. Forms are available at all post offices and anpost.com/Communityfocus. 9am – 11am on Friday is the dedicated period for seniors to collect payments and do other post office business.
- Postage to and from Nursing and Care Homes: An Post is providing free postage on letters to and from residents of Nursing and Care homes in the State. By writing FREEPOST where the stamp normally goes, An Post will carry cards and letters to residents without a postage stamp.
Postcards will be delivered to homes, homeless hubs, nursing/care homes and prisons nationwide from Wednesday 20th January.