The Stability Fund has been developed to provide support to qualifying organisations who find themselves in particular difficulty and have seen their trading and/or fundraising income drop significantly during the crisis. The Fund will be focusing on organisations providing supports and services in the following sectors.
· Health and Social Care (including addiction, disability and mental health)
· Child and Family Services (including counselling/therapies)
· Domestic/Sexual/Gender based violence
· Community Services (e.g. meals on wheels/befriending services/old age supports/vulnerable people’s support groups etc.)
· Community Education Sector
With funding being provided from the Dormant Accounts Fund the new Stability Fund will provide a once off grant to qualifying organisations that are providing critical services to those most vulnerable in society. Organisations will be required to demonstrate the impact that the crisis has had on their services and applications will be prioritised according to need. Pobal (www.pobal.ie), which works on behalf of Government to support communities and local agencies toward achieving social inclusion and development, will administer the Stability Fund on behalf of the Department of Rural and Community Development.
The Stability Fund will open for applications on the 11th of May 2020. Further details on the Fund can be found on the Department’s website at (www.gov.ie/drcd) and also on the Pobal website click here. Email queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org