The Information Session took place on Tuesday, the 14th of November, at 1.00pm.
- To Listen to the Recording, please click here
- Passcode: ue98$9ZZ
- To access the slides, please click here.
For further information, please contact Cynthia O’Mahony, Community Climate Action Officer with dlr County Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Community Climate Action Programme
A new funding stream is due to open soon, namely the Community Climate Action Programme. Communities will have the opportunity to partner with dlr County Council to carry out projects that have a direct climate action impact. For the selected projects, funding will be available for 100% of the project and there are three project sizes eligible:
- Small scale projects < €20,000
- Medium scale projects €20,000 to €50,000
- Large scale projects €51,000 to €100,000
The Community Climate Action Programme is a new programme to support small and large, rural and urban communities to take climate action at a local level. Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council (dlr), in conjunction with the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications will support local communities to promote and assist in the scale up of community climate action. The overall objective of the programme is to shape and build low carbon, sustainable communities in a coherent way to contribute to national climate and energy targets. The Programme consists of two strands:
- Strand 1 – Action: Building Low Carbon Communities: Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council have been given an allocation of €883,000 for projects under Strand 1. Under this scheme communities will partner with dlr to carry out projects that have a direct climate action impact.
- Strand 1a- Shared Island Community Climate Action: This strand enables communities and local authorities to carry out a cross-border project in partnership with a community in Northern Ireland. Unlike Strand 1, Local Authorities have not been automatically allocated funding under Strand 1a.
Projects should seek to demonstrate the delivery of national climate action at local level by including at least one, preferably more, of the following:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Improving energy efficiency
- Increasing climate resilience (help adapt to the consequences of climate change)
- Assisting communities transition to low carbon and sustainable economy
Please note that Expression of Interests are not currently being accepted. When the application window is open, details will be made available on the dlr website. You can read more about the Community Climate Action Programme here.