This public display forms part of the public consultation on the Proposed Amendments to the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Draft County Development Plan 2022-2028. The County Council hereby invites any interested individuals or parties to make submissions and observations in respect of the Proposed Amendments to the Draft County Development Plan and/or the associated Environmental Reports.
What is the County Development Plan?
The County Development Plan guides future growth and development in the County. The Plan sets out the policy objectives and the overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the County over the plan period from 2022 to 2028.
Overview of the Plan-Making Process to Date
The process of reviewing the 2016-2022 County Development Plan and preparation of the new Plan formally commenced back in January 2020 with a pre-draft public consultation phase. Submissions were invited, and the Executive prepared a Chief Executive’s Report summarising these submissions and making recommendations on what should be contained in the Draft Plan. A special Council meeting was held with the Elected Members of the Council in June 2020 and a number of Directions were issued requesting strategic matters to be addressed in the Draft Plan.
A Chief Executive’s Draft Plan was then prepared and circulated to the Elected Members in October 2020. This was considered and amended by the Elected Members at a series of Special County Development Plan meetings. At a meeting held on the 18th December 2020 it was deemed to be the Draft Plan. The Draft Plan is available to view on the Draft County Development Plan website here.
This Draft Plan was then placed on public display commencing in January 2021 and a total of 1263 submissions were received during the public consultation period. The Executive subsequently prepared a Chief Executive’s Report with respect to the submissions received. The Chief Executive’s Report is available to view on the Draft County Development Plan website here.
Having considered the Draft County Development Plan and the Chief Executive’s Report on submissions received, it was resolved by the Elected Members at Council meetings on 12th, 13th, 14th,18th 19th, 20th and 21st of October 2021, to amend the Draft Development Plan. These meetings are available to view at the Council’s Webcast library here.
At the meetings the Council resolved that as a number of these amendments constitute a Material Alteration to the Draft Development Plan, the proposed amendments would be placed on public display for a period of not less than 4 weeks in accordance with Section 12(7)(b) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
Where can I view the Proposed Amendments?
The Proposed Amendments to the Draft Plan and associated Environmental Reports are now on public display and available to view in the ‘Related’ section below. Please note the file sizes for the map documents are large. If you have difficulty downloading these files, the maps may be downloaded separately in smaller file size on the Draft Plan webpage at the following link.
The documentation is also available for public inspection from 11th November 2021 to 9th December 2021 inclusive, at the following locations:
- Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire (Monday to Friday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm,)
- Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, Dundrum Offices, Dundrum (Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 4:30pm).
The Proposed Amendments and associated Environmental Reports are set out in a suite of documents which comprise the following:
- The ‘Proposed Amendments’ document, which sets out each proposed amendment and the relevant section and page number of the Draft Plan to which the amendment relates. This document should be read in conjunction with the Draft County Development Plan, 2022 – 2028 (available to view on the Draft County Development Plan website here or via the link in the ‘Related’ – see READ More ).
- 14 no. Land Use Zone Maps setting out each proposed mapping amendment.
- 14 no. Amended Flood Zone Maps.
- 3 no. Amended Supplementary Maps.
SEA Environmental Report (including SEA Screening of Proposed Material Alterations and information on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing relevant alterations) and the AA Natura Impact Report (including AA Screening of Proposed Material Alterations), SEA and AA Determinations.
How can I make a submission or observation on the Proposed Amendments?
You can make an observation or submission via the following options only:
- A written submission can be made electronically through the dlr Public Consultation Hub via Citizen Space at this link.
- In writing to Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire.
The public consultation on the proposed amendments to the Draft Plan runs from 11th November 2021 to 9th December 2021 inclusive. Late submissions will not be accepted. Read more here