Southside Partnership DLR CLG, in association with the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Public Participation Network (DLR PPN), is currently recruiting for the following position:
Support Worker, Public Participation Network
This is a part-time post, 28 hours a week, based in Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Public Participation Network (DLR PPN) is a volunteer-led network for community and voluntary, social inclusion and environmental groups in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown. Public Participation Networks are a national initiative in participatory democracy, established in 2014 under the Local Government (Reform) Act. They have 3 main objectives:
- To facilitate the participation and representation of local community and voluntary, environmental and social inclusion groups in the local authority’s decision and policy making structures.
- To strengthen the capacity of local community and voluntary, environmental and social inclusion groups to contribute positively to the community in which they reside or are active.
- To provide information relevant to local community and voluntary, environmental and social inclusion groups and to act as a hub around which information is distributed and received.
We are now seeking to recruit a Support Worker to assist the DLR PPN Network Manager in developing the PPN as an effective structure to promote public engagement and participation in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown.
This role is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated person looking to gain skills and experience in an exciting and challenging initiative.
This is a part-time post for one year, after which the post will be subject to continued funding.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Operating the day to day administration of the PPN.
- Maintaining the Salesforce database of member groups.
- Researching, collating and distributing a monthly newsletter.
- Managing and updating the DLR PPN website.
- Operating social media accounts.
- Supporting the Network Manager to plan and organise events, training, workshops and meetings including booking venues, sourcing and booking trainers/speakers/facilitators, sending invitations and reminders, registration processes and any follow up needed.
- Communicating with members by email and phone, including dealing with requests for information or advice.
- Preparing documentation, minute taking and reporting or any other reasonable tasks as directed.
- Supporting the DLR PPN manager to devise materials to be used for PPN activities, for example online consultations, public meetings, workshops, surveys etc.
- Collating information for reports.
- Promoting the PPN and its work to member groups and the wider community and stakeholders.
- Any other work which may be assigned by the Network Manager on the day to day operation of the PPN.
Please see the Job Specification for a list of the required skills and capabilities for this role.
Please see below for the application from and Job Specification.
Completed application forms , marked ‘Public Participation Support Worker Vacancy’, to be sent by email to:
or by post to:
Human Resources Department,
Southside Partnership DLR,
The Old Post Office,
7 Rock Hill,
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 22nd of February 2019.
If you have any questions in relation to this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 7060109.
It is proposed to hold interviews for this position during the week commencing 4th of March 2019 with a start date as soon as possible after selection.
Southside Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.