The All Ireland Endorsement Body for Community Work Education and Training (AIEB) is conducting an education and training needs assessment survey to get an initial understanding of the education and training needs of community workers. AIEB was established in 2010 as an all-Ireland body for supporting and promoting community work, community work education and training and ensuring quality and standards in community development practice.
They recently held online information sessions outlining the role and remit of AIEB and at which we discussed the purpose of the survey. The education and training needs assessment survey is being carried out in a number of regions including Dublin. The data from the survey will be used to work with other stakeholders (i.e., education providers, policy makers funders and employers):
- to explore possibilities for the development of additional opportunities for those involved in community work to gain professional community development qualifications;
- to explore opportunities for the development of professional development initiatives, to support community work practitioners to develop, analysis, skills and good practice in relation to new and emerging issues.
To access the survey, click here. The survey is anonymous and will take no more than 10 minutes to complete.
Please complete the survey if applicable to you. The survey should be completed by those who:
- are employed as community development workers;
- undertake community work duties as part of their work;
- manage community development/community work organisations.
The deadline for completion of the survey is Tuesday March 29th.
For additional information about AIEB please visit their website www.aieb.ie.