This Fund has been in operation since 2018. Since that time, we have awarded €2m in grant aid to 629 grant recipients to fund all types of water related projects. Examples include: feasibility studies; surveys and plans; biodiversity signage; water conservation measures; invasive species control; riparian management and planting; training workshops; Citizen Science initiatives, etc.
The Fund is open to all community and voluntary groups to assist in the protection and management of water quality, both locally and in the wider catchment.
- Full details https://lawaters.ie/community-water-development-fund-2023/
- Funding guidelines https://lawaters.ie/app/uploads/2022/11/CWDF-Guidenlines-2023.pdf
- An online Funding Clinic to help groups is planned for Friday 13th Jan at 11am. The link to register for this is http://bit.ly/3FhDs8Z
- You’ll need to register/ login your group on our portal to apply online – LAWPRO Portal;
- If you have a proposal for funding please get in touch with your local Community Water Officer to discuss; proposed applications must be discussed with Community Water Officer.
- CWDF 2023 closing date for applications is Tuesday Feb. 7th 2023