FLAG (Fisheries Local Action Group Programme) is a Community Led Local Development scheme that seeks to: “enable a sustainable blue economy in coastal, island and inland areas, and foster the development of coastal communities.” North East FLAG Board in developing a strategy for the next stage of the European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF).
As part of developing the strategies, they are engaging with coastal communities located in the North East FLAG region to undertake public consultations and understand what the community think are:
- the strengths of the area
- the challenges that exist
- and actions which could be implemented to aid in development of the FLAG area.
This consultation will aid in the development of a strategy to seek funding from Priority 3 of the European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF). This consultation is open to all, including:
- Tourism and other sectors of the Blue Economy
- Community Groups
How to get involved
- A public meeting is scheduled for the 17th November 2023 in the Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire, starting at 7.00pm.
- You can fill in the survey by clicking here or email FLAG.Strategies@ie.gt.com for the survey link.