Public information and consultation session on a new sport and physical activity 5 year plan for Dun Laoghaire Rathdown
Date: Thursday 28th September
Time: 19.00pm to 20.30pm
Venue: County Hall Dun Laoghaire
Each Local Authority is being asked to develop a Local Sports Plan to increase participation in their county, in a strategic manner, consistent with the vision and objectives set down in the National Sports Policy and taking appropriate account of any existing local/national plans. Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council has begun the process of developing its own Local Sports Plan for the period 2023-2028.
This process will include:
- A strategic review of the Sports Function including current structures, outcomes, programmes and metrics for its work (comprising sport, recreation and physical activity)
- A strategic review of the Space to Play (sports facility strategy) and the County Sports Participation Strategy 2018-2022
- The review element of this work, through consultation, quantitative and qualitative analysis and expert knowledge of best practice, will examine the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks
- In addition, the strategic review must be cognisant of other key local and national strategies
- The document will also convey the value of the work that the Council and its partners engages in allowing other partner organisations and agencies to identify possible areas for collaboration.
A detailed consultation process is now underway. Your input will be greatly appreciated in order to ensure that key areas of need and opportunity are included. As part of this process a Town Hall meeting is being held on the 28th September at 7pm in County Hall Dun Laoghaire. This meeting is open to all members of the public, including clubs, volunteers and those interested in getting more people more active more often.